Summer beauty is easy breezy if you can let go of your winter beauty routine and subscribe to the ‘less is beautifully more’ for the summer months.
Here are my can’t get through the summer without them must-haves:
- Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer spf 15 – a nice light sheer CC Cream that can easily get you through the day with a polished look without covering up that nice summer glow you have from the sun.
- Clarins BB Skin Perfecting cream spf 25 – I use this cream if I am looking for a little more coverage on the foundation side (normally when I go to work). I would say this cream is a medium coverage BB cream that gives you the benefit of more coverage and sun kissed color (cream is tinted) if you haven’t had a chance to be in the sun. SPF of 25 – makes me happy
- Urban Decay Naked Basics – in the summer I love a natural looking face. I don’t like to be completely without any make up (come on now – lazy days of summer? Tempting but not going to happen in my beauty world). The Naked basics palette is perfect for a pick-me up that gives me just the right amount of there but not there kinda color.
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee – I switch between this cheek color and the Benetint all summer long. It’s so nice to have options! The cheek gelee is super easy to apply and gives great color all day long without melting off your face. It’s so nice when I apply the gelee and it doesn’t sit on top of my foundation like powder blushes tend to do.
- Benefit Benetint – love the benetint for the gorgeous pinky hue on my cheeks that lasts the day and….. no melting off my face during the day!
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine – Boy – moisturizing and netural. What more can I say…
- Bite Beauty BB for Lips – Suede – this little lip balm is the ‘bomb’ – moisturizing, long lasting and the berry color is a sweet little kick if I’m looking for a little pop of color on my face.
Body Must Haves
- L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Self Tanning Mist – this tanning spray is my leg’s BFF. Since my legs are the last to see the summer sun, this spray is perfect to even out my summer color. The mist sprays on pretty evenly – no rubbing necessary – but don’t get me wrong – you still have to be diligent in your prep and your spray technique.
- Josie Marin Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter – super hydrating – love
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen – don’t forget the sunscreen. I’m a fan of the spray sunscreen and love that the Neutrogena feels like I didn’t apply any sunscreen at all when I’m done.
Hair Must Haves
- Cake Satin Sugar Hair and Body Refreshing Powder – I use this product as a hair powder. It works perfectly to remove any hint of oil or sweat in between shampoos or just as freshen up after a day outside. Bonus Points – it smells yummy
- Kevin Murphy Hair Resort Spray – I just discovered this little gem via my hair stylist. The spray gives you the beachy waves look but also provides some nice texture and body. I have tried the Bumble and Bumble version of the beachy waves spray and I am not nearly as happy with their product’s results as I am with the Kevin Murphy brand.
Nail Must Haves
- OPI – Samoan Sand for my nails. I love the neutrals in the summer
- Dior – Junon for my toes. Color is normally saved for my toes. I like my toes to pop in my summer sandals.