My pores… they are a hot mess. Yes, I am diligent with pore tightening masks and cleansers but we all need an everyday quick pore minimizer pick me up before our make-up ritual.
I had a L’Oreal Pore Vanisher sample that I had taken out of a magazine and I also had the Benefit Porefessional from one of my monthly Topbox beauty box deliveries. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to compare a specialty and a drug store pore minimizer together.
I tried both of these pore minimizers at the same time – the Pore Vanisher on one half of my face and The Porefessional on the other half. It was a great way to do a quick comparison with and without make-up.
L’Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher – 14oz for $24.99
- texture of the pore vanisher is creamy and goes onto the skin more like a facial cream – love this texture
- pore minimizing coverage – applied on my nose and cheeks – good results with full coverage of my pores
- after make-up application (foundation and blush) I could see that some of my foundation was hung up in some of the pores on my cheeks. I worked at a little more blending and all was good.
The Porefessional – .75oz for $37.00
- texture of the Porefessional is a little more like a putty. The balm has a stickier feel when applying – it kinda reminds me of ‘spackle’ for your face.
- pore minimizing coverage – applied on my nose and cheeks – was very good. The Porefessional does a great job of filling in my ginormous pores on nose.
- after make-up application (foundation and blush) the finish is flawless. My nose and cheek pores are fully covered and the make-up that was applied looks perfect with no serious touch up necessary.
My Pore Minimizer Preference?
Hmmm that’s a tough one as they both work equally as well but I think the Porefessional gets the slighter edge after the make-up application. I think that if you have larger pesky pores the Porefessional is a touch more effective in the coverage – I definitely would keep the Porefessional on hand for a night out where heavier foundation application is required. Even though I am not a fan of the stickier texture of the Porefessional – it really gets the job done and I can appreciate that!
The Pore Vanisher is a great daytime pore minimizer for those of us with both the smaller and larger pore issues. I really loved the smooth texture and cream like application of the Pore Vanisher. I think for my everyday use, the reasonable price point, and the good results, I think the L’Oreal Pore Vanisher will do me just fine.